Monday 25 March 2013

Fingers crossed...

Hello!
Thanks for visiting my blog - as my very first post on my very first blog, I'm not entirely sure how to start.... I've been thinking about starting this up for quite a while so I guess its time to just run with it or I'll never get going!
 
Although this blog is designed to be a useful (and hopefully interesting!) site bringing together the various tips, tricks and tutorials I have gathered through my crafting efforts, I always like hearing a little about the person whose blog I'm reading, so:
 
I'm Ella and Little Scarlet Robin is my way of demonstrating that you don't need a lot of time, money or even experience to craft and refashion your own clothes, jewellery and accessories - although I'll probably throw in a couple of art, baking or photography posts for good measure :)
Like many other bloggers, I have been making things my entire life (although, I doubt anyone wants a tutorial for the sorts of things I created age four!) - my mother and grandmother taught me to sew & knit, and haven't stopped since! I started by making small alterations to my own clothes and simple jewellery; since working in a jewellery shop and teaching myself to quilt for my Art A-Level my passion has expanded into just about anything crafty I can get my hands on.

   Whilst most of the blogs that I follow are written by stay at home mothers (and I love reading about their lives) I found that there were few sewing/jewellery making/crafting blogs by students and the more I thought about it, the more I thought I could do that!

   As a seventeen year old in the last few months of my school career (eek!) I often make things as a break or distraction (oh alright then, mainly procrastination if we're being honest) from studying and find that crafting something yourself - whether it be a whole new outfit or a simple refashioned cushion - just the most enjoyable, relaxing and above all rewarding experience. It may sound a little sad (my friends jokingly call me an 'old soul' for my love of all things crafty and homely) but what could be better than learning something new whilst saving money, relaxing and getting something entirely unique out of it?

   So, I have set up Little Scarlet Robin to document my various crafting endeavours and hopefully both share my knowledge and gain some great feedback - think of LSR as a sort of forum if you will, for likeminded people to share their ideas and spur each other on :)

If you've stuck with me this far, thank you! I guess it'll take a while to sort my writing voice and gain confidence etc so feel free to comment as any feedback would be greatly appreciated.... Now, here goes nothing!

Ella Elizabeth x


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting a blog! I think it's great that you're interested in sharing a unique perspective with blogland. There definitely is a need for the voice of the student!

    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog! It seems like you're already off to a fantastic start, and I expect we'll see great things from Little Scarlet Robin in the future.

    Cheers,
    Lauren
    The Thinking Closet

    ReplyDelete